BANK SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS

SEKOLAH                 : SMK Negeri 3 Muara Bungo
KELAS                       : X

1.GREETING AND INTRODUCING PARTING AND THANKING

1. GREETING
Complete the following dialoque.
a. Tony                  : Hello Atun , good morning.
    Atun                 :  (1) ........... Tony.
b. Bella                 : Lis, this is my brother . He is Bambang.
    Lisa                  : Good morning Bambang.
    Bambang          : Good morning . Glad to meet you.
   Lisa                   : (2)..........  too.
c. Fitri                  : Hello Nikmah. How are you today ?
   Nikmah             :  (3) ...... thank you. And you ?
   Fitri                   : .(4) ....... thank you.
d. Ali                    : congratulation on your success, Rully.
    Rully                : Ok , thank  you Ali
    Ali                    :  (5) ....., Rully.
e. Nugroho           : Hello Joko.
     Joko                :  Hi Nugroho. How is life.?
    Nugroho           : fine, thank you. And you ?
    Jokoi                :  (6) ...........

KEY : 1. Good morning Tony. 2. Glad to meet you too.    3.   I am fine , thank you , and you?  4. I   am doing good , and you ?  5. You are welcome .   6. I ‘m pretty good, thank you.

2. PARTING
Complete the following dialoque
a. Siti        : Well, cheerio, Surti
   Surti      : bye now, (1)........
b. Narto    : Good night Ani
   Ani        : (2).........see you again
c. Juni :     ; I must go now, see you
   Mardi    : (3).......
d. Henki   : Good bye Miss Ika.
    Ika        : (4)....... Mr Henki
e. Lukman            : good night , Wahyu , see you tomorrow.
   Wahyu : Yes, (5)....... Lukman
KEY :  1 see you.  2. Bye-bye    3.  See you   4. Good bye   5. Good night.
3.THANKING
Complete the following dialoque
a. Tari and Junedi  are having cofee.
     Tari                  : Pass me the sugar, (1) ....
     Junedi             : (2) ...........
      Tari                 : Thankls
     Junedi             : And do you want milk ?
      Tari                 : No, (3).......
b. Jono and Murni are visiting Mrs Guritno.
     Mrs. Guritno   : (4)....... you like a cup of coffee?
     Jono                            :yes, please (5)...... what about you Murni?
     Murni              : No, (6)..........
4. INTRODUCING

Complete the following dialoque
Dosi                     : Hi, my name is Dosi,
Adin                     : Hi Dosi (1),......
Dosi                     :  Nice to meet you
Adin                     : (2)...................          
Dosi                     :Good and you ?
Adin                     : (3)..........................
Dosi                     : (4)...........................
Adin                     :  In Mekkah , you ?
Dosi                     : Me too.
Adin                     : sorry, I’ve got to home .
Dosi                     : Okay, Be careful Adin
Adin                     :  (5)....................... Dosi
Dosi                     : Good bya!
Adin                     : (6)........

Key : 1.what is your name?   2. My name is Adin  3. Not too bad thanks. ? 4.  Where are you nowaday? ?   5. Ok, tkanks  6. Good bye.

5. SPELLING THE ALPHABET

     Write the word by your own word bellow

1. B-O-J-A
2. K-E-N-D-A-L
3. T-0-N-I
4. G-O-I-N-G.
5. C-A-N-O-N
KEY : 1.bi- ou- ji- e- 2. Kei- ei- en –de- i- el    3. Ti- ow- en- ei.    4. Ji- ow- ai- en- ji-  5  se- e- en- ow- en

6. SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE
Give the present tense form of bthe verb in parentheses
1. We (read) the newspaper in class everyday.
2. He (come) to school by bus.
3. I always (walk) to school
4. the children (play) in the park every afternoon.
5. I (eat) lunc in the cafetaria every day.
6. Helen (work) very hard.
7. I (like) to sit ion the sun.
8. the dog (chase) the cat all around the house.
9. Mr. Smioth (work) gor Garuda Air ways.
10 Hendar generally (sit) at this desk.

Key : 1. Read.. 2. Comes.  3. Walk.. 4. Play   5. Eat.   6.  Works..7. like   8. Chases   9. Works 10 sits.

7. ADVERB OF FREQUENCY
Add the word in parentheses ()  to make a good sentences.
1   When do you go to bed ? I go to bed at 11 p.m (usually)
2.  When do you go to bed ?  I ‘m in bed at 11 p.m (oten).
3. . When do you get up ? I get up at 5: 30 (always)
4. When do you get up ? it depends . I’m up at noon (often)
5. What do you have for breakfast ?  No, I’ve taken it (never)
6. What do you have for breakfast ?  I have juice and eggs (always)
7. What do you have for breakfast ?   I eat bread and coffee (usually)
8. What do you do in the evening ?  I go out (sometimes).
9. What do you do in the evening ?  I read or watch TV (often).
10.  Do you take a vacation ? Yes, I go camping (always)

KEY : 1.oh, I usually go to.. 2. I ‘often in bed at .. 3. I always get up .. 4. I often get up at.  5.No, I have never taken it.   6 I always have juice.. 7. I usually eat bread.... 8. I sometimes go out.   9. I often read...10. Yes I always go ...

8. PERSONAL PRONOUNS

Fill in the blaks  with the correct pronouns
1. Murni doesn’t bring the dictionary with ....
2. Jakarta is a big city. We love ......
3. The students prepare ....... lesson well.
4. The students are very noisy. The teacher is angry with.....
5. My elder brother likes sport. I want to give ..... this volly ball.
6. She wrote the new words in ..... notebook.
7.The planes are taking off now. Look at ........
8. Ratna and I spent.......  holiday in Bali.
9. Those girls are very beautiful.  ............... are here now.
10. The lamp is very interesting ..............is expensive.
KEY : 1. Her, . 2. It.3. their.  4. Them . 5. Hiom .  6. Her.. 7. Them  8. Our. 9. They..  10. It





9. PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE

Fill in the blanks with the verb in the box. Use present Continuous Tense.
1. The tourist ........ the musium.
2. I ....a nap at the moment.
3. Rita .... dess for herself now.
4. The teacher ....... the lesson on the blackboard.
5.The postmen......... the letter now.
6. ...... your matter..... a story right now.
7. The manager ...... the work in the office right now.
8. We..... our problem with the teachers.
9.  The librarian ...... the books on the bookshelves now.
10. The teacher and his students ........ the new invention in the laboratory.
11.My father .......... the pictures on the wall .
12. ..... you ........... your bicycle by your self?
13. Listen!  Someone ..... at the door now.
14. The children ..... the kites in the field now.
15. The wind ....... very hard right now
16. ........ Susan ........ on the phone now?
17. The leaves ........ their color right now.
18. The staff .............. the meeting in the hall now.
19. the doctor .................. his patient now.
20. .............Mr and Mrs. Smith .............. around the world?

A. orrange      B. take        C. search     D. make.    E.  Fly.   F. Distribute    G. Hang.    H.  Have   I. tell   J. Talk.  K.organize   l. Write   M. Blow. N. Knock.  0. Travel   P. Examine. Q. visit    R. Repair    S Solve  T. Change.


KEY : 1. Are visiting.  2.,am taking. 3, is searching.  4. Is writing.  5, is distributing.   6, is telling
           7. is organizing. 8. Are solving    9. Is arranging   10.   Are making .  11, is hanging.  12, are repairing     13, is knocking     14, are flying.   15, is blowing.    16, is talking.   17, are cdhanging .18, is having.  19, is examining.   20, are travelling. 

10 PROFESSION
Match  their profession in the left  with their  place  in the right.

PROFRSSION

PLACE
1. barber
2. chemist
3. doctor
4. gardener
5. headmaster
6. house wife.
7.judge
8.mechanic
9.policeman
10. sailor
11. shopkeeper
12. waitress
13. Postman

a. restaurant
b. school
c. home.
d. ship.
e. laboratory.
f. court.
g. barbershop.
h. workshop.
i. hospital
j.police station
k. shop.
l. garden.
M post office.
 KEY : 1. G    2. E.   3. i.    4.L     5. B     6. C     7. F     8. H.    9.  J    10. D    11.k .   12.A.     13 . M 

11. NATIONALITY

Complete the following dialoque.
1. A   : Where are you  from ?
     B  : I ‘m from England.
     A  : So, what nationalioty are you ?
     B  : I “m .(1).....
2. Jono          : Are you French ?
    Liem         : No, I’m an/a..(2).......   I speak Thai.
3.  A  : Are you from New Zealand?
      B             : No, I ‘am.(3)............ I ‘m from Sydney, Australia.
4.  A  : Where do you live?
    B   : I live in Japan.
     A.             :Can you speak Bahasa Indonesia.
   B    : No, I can’t , I only speak (4)....... and English.        
5. A   : I was born in England.
    B   : So , you are  (5).....................
KEY  :  1. British   2. Thai   3. Australian.   4. Japanese.  5. British

12.THE TIMES

Match  Toni’s activity in the left  with the time  in the right.

TONI’S ACTIVITY (not in order)

TIME
1. have breakfast. 
2. praying Ashr 
3. get dressed 
4. go home 
5. have a shower. 
6. have dinner 
7.  get up 
8. go to school 
9. have lunch. 
10. go to bed 


a. 5:00
b.5:15
c. 5:30
d.6:00
e. 6:30
f. 14:00
g.14:20
h. 15:30
i. 20:00
j. 22:00

KEY : 1.D     2. H   3. C   4. F   5.  B    6. I     7. A    8. E    9. G     10. J

13. THE DAY .

Fill in the blanck with the correct answer:
1. To day is Monday, It was ....... yesterday.
2. It was Saturday yesterday, It’s ..... today.
3. It was Tuesday  yesterday, it’s   ...... today.
4. It’s Fryday today, it was ...... yesterday.
5. it was Wednesday yesterday, it’s ........... today
6. It’s Tuesday today, It was .......... yesterday.
7. It’s  Wednesday today, It was ............yesterday.
8. it was Thursday,it’s ..................... today.
9. It’s Sunday today, it was ..................... yesterday.
10. It was Monday yesterday ,it’s ................... today.
KEY : 1. Sunday.   2. Sunday. 3. Wednesday.   4. Thursday.  5. Thursday.  6. Monday. 7. Tuesday.   8. Fryday. 9. Saturday.  10 Tuesday.

14. THE DATE, THE MONTH AND THE YEAR.

Rearrange the word into a good sentence.
1. go- to-in-children-august-School-don’t
2. have in september to she’s baby going a.
3. to April married they’re in going get.
4. in like i to on go july holiday.
5. February in is my mother’s birthday.
KEY :
1. Children don’t go to school n August.
2. She’s going to have a baby in September.
3. They’re going to get married in April.
4. I like to go on holiday in July.
5. My mother’s birtday is in February.

15. COLOURS

Underloine the following sentences which is related to the quality.
1. The shoes are very bad.
2. Tyhe chairs and the desks are broaken.
3. The painting hanging on the wall are very beautiful.
4. My new dress was torn.
5. amy mother bought a lovely bookcase.




Key :
1. The shoes are very bad.
2. Tyhe chairs and the desks are broaken.
3. The painting hanging on the wall are very beautiful.
4. My new dress was torn.
5. amy mother bought a lovely bookcase.

16. SIZES
Match  the table in  the left  with the  right.

THING

SIZE
1. Shoes
2. Dictionary
3. T- shirt
4. Linda
5. Wardrobe

a. Large
b.10 cm thick
c.175 cm tall
d. 180 cm height, 120 cm width
f.41

 KEY :       1. F.    2. B.      1. F.    2. B.. 3. A.   4. C   5. D.

17.SHAPES

What are the shapes of the following things.
1. Ring: ........
2. Television : .......
3. Bed: ..............
4. Wardrobe: ..............
5. earth : ............
6. table :.............
7. tin : .................
8. egg.................
9.mountain : ..............
10.Box : ...............
Key : 1. Circle.  2. Rectangular.   3. Rectangular 4. Rectangular    5. Circle  6. Rectangular     7. Can    8i. Oval.   9. Triangle      10. Cube.

18. MATERAIALS.
Match  the table in  the left  with the  right.

THING

MATERIAL
1. shoes
2. kite
3. T –Shirt
4. Tyre.
5. square ruler
6. cupboards
7. fence
8. ring
9 marbles
10. cables

a. rubber
b. wood
c. plastic
d. iron
e.cotton .
f .copper 1
g.gold
h.glass
i. paper.
j. leather

 KEY :  1. J   2. I    3. E.   4. A.     5. C.   6. B. 7.    D.    8. G.    9. H.    10. F

18. ADJECTIVE IN SERIES
Arrange the adjectives in the correct order.
1. belt- green- beautiful-leather-a.
2. hood-dry-his-warm.
3. actors-old-two-shakespearian-famous.
4. beads-glass-round-blue-tiny.
5. baby- lively-her- six-month-old.
6. dress-satin-a- white-long.
7. steps- narrow- cement-ten.
8. basement- cool-damp-the.
9. wolfhounds- Russian-two-grey-huge.
10 .carvings- delicate-sandalwood-three.
KEY : 1. A beutiful green leather belt    2. His warm dry hood.    3. Two famous old Shakespearian actors.   4. Tiny round blue glass beads.    5 Her lively sixs-month-old baby.   6. A long white satin dress.     7. Ten narrow cement steps.    8.  The damp cool basement.   9.   Two huge grey Russian wolfhounds. 10.    Three delicate sandalwood carvings.

19 APPEARANCE AND CHARACTERISTIC

Read the sentences below and fill in the blank with one of the adjectives from the list.

1. If I were you . I woudn’t trust Juny. She is very .(1)............. she is always trying to cheat people.
2. My math teacher is very (2)........... He works hard and he is very respectful.
3. I took my cousin’s children to the cinema yesterday. I was surprised how  (3)........... they are . They have very good manners.
4. When I told my boss that my father was seriously ill , he was very.(4)........
5. Mugi is such a  (5) ..... girl, she  always comes out with clever and amusing remarks about any sort of things.
6. I hate  (6)......... people who only think and care about themselves . What about everybody else’s right?
7. He is a hundred procent sure that he is going to succeed in the film industry. He is very . (7).....
8.ret being so  ( 8) ........ with her about her new boyfriend  , but I like giving my opinion staightaway.
9. My friend Salla always wears glasses  because she is very  (9)....... about the scar on her eyebrow.
10. You can trust her . She is very . (10) ....... if she says she won’t tell anybody , she won’t.

a. cautious.   b. dishonest.   c. kind,     d. reliable   e. Well-behave.    F. Talkative     g. Selfish   h. Sensitive.  i.  Strict.   J. Sympathetic.   K. Vain.   L. Stubborn.    M. Witty. N. Self-concious.   N. Self-confident.  O . Frank

KEY :  1. B.       2  I.        3.  E.    4.J    5.M    6. N    7. N    8. O    9. N    10. D. 

20.SINGULAR AND PLURAL

 Change the underlined words into plural.
1. The old dog no longer fought over their food.
2. I read seven story to my son.
3. Hardi lost five of his new book.
4. We never noticed the frog that were sitting on the salad.
5. The governor brought all his child to yhe ceremony.
6. Anne was outgraged when the nurse  said she had eleven louse in her hair.
7. There were many flash of light in the sky.
8. Mrs. Dale insisted that her property tax were too high.
9. All my dream came trus when you beccame my wife.
10. Elise,  did you remove some shelf from this bookcase ?

KEY:.  1 dogs.   2. Stories.   3. Books.  4.frogs. 5.children. 6 .lice    7. Flases 8. Taxes. 9. Dreams. 10 shelves.

21. SOME AND ANY

Fill in the blank with some or any.
1. I need (1) ...... any.
2. I don’t have   (3) ..... stamps.
3. I ate  (2)..... bread this morning.
4. Do you drink (4).... coffee.?
KEY ; 1. Some   2. Any   3. Some    4.  Any.

22. COUNTABLE AND COUNTABLE  WITH A FEW MANY, A LOT, A LITTLE, MUCH .

Fill in the blank with A FEW, MANY, A LOT, A LITTLE, MUCH
1. Do you buy (3) ..... nananas ?
2. We don’t have  (4) .... of books.
3. He needs (2) ...... water.
4. They don’t have  (5) ..... money.
5. I want (1)..... apples.
       KEY : 1. Many.  2. A lot of    3.  A little   4. Much   5. A few




23 NUMBER (CAERDINAL & ORDINAL NUMBER)
Match column A with column B.

COLUMN A

COLUMN B
1. Rp. 3,950.00
2.1,500 m 3
3. Apt. No. 35.
4. 07.15 a.m.
5. 50%
6. 250 kph.
7.100    oC.
8. 25 kg
9. 2008.
10. 8311532

a. eight three one one five three one
b. Two hundred and fifty kilometers per hours.
c. two thousand and eight.
d. One thousand five hundred cubic meters.
e. three thousand nine hundred and fifty rupiahs.
f. twenty five kilograms.
g. apartement number 35.
h. fifty persent
i. a quarter past seven in the morning  ( a.m.)
j. One hundred degree centigrade

 KEY :   1. E   2. D   3.  G.   4. I    5. H   6.  B    7. J    8. F   9. C     10. A.

24. DESCRIBING EVENTS.
Fill in the blank with an apropriate word by choosing one word below.
It was (!)..... on Saturday February 23 rd. I was at home in my(2) .... I ( 3) ..... writing. My mother and father  (4) ..... in the yard.My sister Surty was in the (5) .....  The (6)..... was good. Itbwasn’t rainy. The (7).....was shining. There were some small (8) .... in the sky.  There were some (9) .... singging in the (10)........... I was relaxed and happy.

a.kitchen 5
b. were 4
c. bed room 2.
d. 10. Am 1
e.  was 3

f. trees 10
g. clouds 9
h. sun 7
i. weather 6
j. clouds 8

Key : 1. D    2.   C   3. E    4.B    5. A   6.I    7.H     8. J    9. G      10.  F

25 SIMPLE PAST TENSE